1. The Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai had a special and exclusive meeting with his Principal Staff Officers, General Officers Commanding and Field Commanders at the Army Headquarters Abuja on Monday 22 June 2020.
The meeting is specifically intended to serve as a time for action, a time to change the war narrative and a wake up call in our efforts to combat Boko Haram terrorism and insurgency, North West Banditry as well as the myriad of other security challenges across the country.
2. The meeting discussed on wide ranging security matters, the state of the counter terrorism and other Internal Security Operations in Nigeria and the necessity for Commanders, officers and men to redouble their efforts and ensure that all security threats in the country are effectively checkmated.
3. Gen Buratai directed all commanders/GOCs, officers and men of the Nigerian Army to ensure that the charge given by the President and Commander – in- Chief must be fully implemented so as to speedily crush BH terrorism and the myriad of security threats facing the nation. The COAS states that “the criminals and their collaborators and sponsors must be exposed, flushed out and destroyed”.
4. He further stated that already the Nigerian Army has commenced major reorganization of her operations for optimal performances. He charged all Commanders to lead the charge by being out in the field to effectively oversee the operations. Gen Buratai warned that he wants to see an all encompassing positive changes in the NA operations and the security situation in the country. According to him “there is no time for complacency, no time for excuses and there will be no tolerance for shortcomings or failures, the situation must be reversed immediately”.
5. At the end of the Conference, one of the key decisions taken was to shift the location for Nigerian Army Day Celebration 2020 to Katsina State during which a major Army exercise nicknamed EX SAHEL SANITY will be conducted.