NUR-SULTAN, Kazakhstan – The situation on the coronavirus is changing in a positive direction in Kazakhstan and the country must prevent a new wave of COVID -19, Kazakhstan’s Prime Minister Askar Mamin said on August 4.
“In general, as we can see, the sanitary and epidemiological situation in the country is changing in a positive direction. The daily increase of cases of coronavirus infection does not exceed 1.2%. 69.4% of those is who have recovered so far, the rest are receiving the necessary treatment. The workload of hospitals decreased to 36%,” the premier told a government meeting on August 4.
World statistics show a new increase in the number of cases in 126 countries, he continued. “We must be ready for a possible new wave in the fall – to prevent it, we must comply with all the established requirements and implement a set of planned measures: the construction of hospitals and their provision with mechanical ventilation, oxygen concentrators, medicines and protective equipment,” Mamin stressed.
Over the past day, 1,158 new coronavirus infections have been identified in Kazakhstan. Of these, 555 people are without clinical manifestations of COVID-19.
According to official data, for all the time in Kazakhstan, 93,820 infected with COVID-19 have been identified, 65,132 people have recovered, and 1,058 patients have died. Since August 1, 5,979 Kazakhs have been diagnosed with viral pneumonia in the country with a negative PCR test for coronavirus, of which 51 people have died.
As previously reported, the quarantine was extended until August 19 in Kazakhstan. Quarantine has been reintroduced since early July following an outbreak of coronavirus-related pneumonia deaths.